Just a quick note to let you know a bit about the busy month ahead when we return on Monday, November 14 from our Fall Break. Mark your calendars!
1. Tuesday, November 15 (morning) - We will be making a special present for Christmas with the assistance of the people from Clay For Kids. The students will be making their clay projects right in the classrooms, so no extra costs for travel this year. Please send $8.50 for the cost of the clay and the instruction, as soon as possible.
2. Tuesday, November 15 - Cookie Dough orders are due to the office and orders will be available for pickup Dec. 5th (one of the nights of our Three-Way conferences.)
3. Thursday, November 17 - We will be celebrating the 50th Day of School with a day filled with fun exploring the number 50. Dress the children up for a 'blast from the past' 50's style! (see the letter above that was sent before Fall break began)
4. Wednesday, November 30 - The Archbishop Jordan High School is presenting the play "The Velveteen Rabbit" and we will be rearranging our schedule for that day to attend the early afternoon performance. Mrs. Pohoreski is in charge of the arrangements, so I don't have a final total, but I do know that the cost of the play is $6.00 each so with bussing, I suspect the final charge will be between $7.00 to $7.50 per person.
5. Monday, December 5 and Tuesday, December 6 - Jean Vanier Catholic School will be hosting Three Way Conferences for Grades 1 - 6 and interviews at the Jr. High level. (I don't know the plans for the Kindergarten class). We will be booking those times almost as soon as we return from Fall Break, and will do our best to accommodate our busy families. You might want to check how hockey, Brownies, dance and other lessons will be impacted and make plans to ensuring that the time we spend talking about your child's academic progress takes precedence. We'll be making plans on how best to move your child forward to reach their personal best. The Evidence of Learning binders will be sent home on Nov. 28 and can be returned either before or right at the scheduled meeting time.