Love You

Sunday 22 September 2013

Getting to Know You


Over the weekend, all of the students will be looking about their homes for 4 or 5 small items that will fit into the paper bag that they brought home.  The items will be shared on Monday at school.  This activity will allow all of us to know each other better.  Here's all the pieces cut apart.
It is best to fill in the blue page first before trying to paste it onto the back of the bag.  Notice how the page is folded over so that it forms the top closure of the "backpack"?  The other two blue strips are folded and glued on to make the straps.
Once the backpack is created it is time to fill it!
For example, I might put in a small photo of my family because they are so important to me, a little cat statue because I love cats, a pin cushion with needle and thread because I can sew and maybe a packet of seeds because gardening is one of my hobbies.
Being able to share with our classroom family, allows the students to have a chance to express themselves orally.  Talking about themselves is always easier than talking about other topics.

I look forward to learning more about each and every student this way.

Don't forget:  OPEN HOUSE on Monday @ 7:00 p.m.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment