Love You

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Christmas

I feel like this is a "get to know" me confession.  I am a saver.  I can be quite organized, so I can find things easily.  In my "Christmas - Jesus" file that I was looking through today, I tripped over this card that I have kept for a very LONG time.  I grew up in a small community and the priests and nuns came to the school on Wednesday afternoons to teach Catechism (the Orthodox kids didn't have to go!!)
The note is dated Dec. 20, 1968 and says:
Dear Sherry,
Both this year and last year you asked me if I had a list of the prayers you may say to make a crib for Jesus before Christmas.  I found one and I'm sending it to you.  It doesn't have to be followed exactly for all the prayers and acts of kindness you do for Jesus show Him your heart is open to receive Him at Christmas.  Remember the prayer "Come, Lord Jesus, come."  May you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 
Love, 
Sister Veronica

A CRIB FOR JESUS
Bed stead - 4 Stations of the Cross
Spring - Abstain from candy
Mattress - 10 Rosaries
2 Linen sheets - 200 Holy phrases
Blanket - 5 Acts of Contrition
Blue Comforter - 4 Acts of Kindness
White spread - 20 Our Fathers
Pillow slip - 5 Acts of Faith
Gift for Mary - 9 Masses

May your family share the love and joy of knowing Christ has come to fulfill the promise of Our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment