Love You

Monday 30 January 2012

Licensed to Write!

Traditionally, students in Grade Three are taught how to handwrite.  Since we are a combined Grade 2 and Grade 3 classroom, it makes sense that all the students will be taught this almost dying skill. To ensure that the students take this opportunity seriously, they had to 'apply' for their 'cursive writing permit.'  On the first page they had to print their uppercase and lowercase letters along with their name.
On the second page they copied a promise and then wrote a few sentences about why they deserve this permit.  Their ideas were precious.  This one says:
I am allways willing to thry new things.  And I am vary quite.  I relly whant to lrean how to handwrite.
How could I say 'no'?  Permit granted in January, 2012!
Now in order to take a lesson, each student has to produce their Cursive Learner's Permit and display it on their desk during the lesson!  If they are caught 'speeding' or producing 'sloppy work', their permit might get taken away!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower - thanks for the yoga tips. I'm going to have to go look for some videos. That would be helpful!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Cursive Learner's Permit idea. This will be my 1st year teaching third grade and cursive! I am a little nervous since I probably haven't written in cursive since I left elementary school. Anyways, I was wondering if you could send me a copy of your Cursive Learner's Permit?

    Thanks a bunch,
    Miss Mastromarino

    camastromarino@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete