Love You

Sunday 8 March 2020

Come meet the Cat in the Hat

Dr. Seuss makes me smile!  How can you not when his words are
so silly, the pictures are of creatures that I have never seen, and 
each and every one of his books are full of wisdom and lessons to
learn in the best of ways....through stories.
I loved when I. learned that the publisher and Dr. Seuss had a bet
that Dr. Seuss could not write a book for children (that they would
want to read) with only 50 words.
He did it and Green Eggs and Ham was born!  We checked
and there are only 50 words.  Each and every one of my students
should be able to read this book.  We practised with partners in the
classroom.  Reading such as 'long' book made them very proud of
their learning so far this year!
What else do you think of with Dr. Seuss books?
You probably remember that he liked to 'play' with words and
that many of the nonsense words that he made up rhyme with
words in the English language.  These couple of weeks with
Seuss, we are focusing on reading and then spelling rhyming words.
We made our own fish bowls gull of handprint fish.
The most famous cat in the world was created by Dr. Seuss.
That was the little movie that the class watched for their dollar 
donations to Valeda House.  We then talked about how the book
and the movie were similar and different.  Great observations were
made by the students!
We then were asked the question "Would you like the Cat in the Hat
to come to your house?" and created little people that might or
might not resemble the students in the classroom.
"I would not like the cat in the hat to come to my house because 
He would make a big mess."

"I would like the Cat in the Hat to come to my house because he would 
play with me."

"I would like the cat in the hat to come to my house because my house is 
not fun os the cat in the hat is fun."

Now I bet you are wondering which Dr. Seuss books will be featured this
coming week!

3 comments: