Love You

Sunday 20 January 2019

Celebrating the 80th Day of School in 80's Style!

The students met the group Tommy TuTones via Youtube, who were 'one hit wonders' with the song
867-5309 (Jenny I've Got Your Number)  Here they are doing 'air guitar' to the song.  There are some potential drummers in this group!
The numbers were used in a variety on math activities on this 80th day of school.
The students paired up to play a dice game using the numbers (except 0 became a 10)
Why?  One smart cookie told me there was no way to roll 0 with two dice!  Great thinking!

I loved the variety of outfits that showed up....here are the 'preppy' boys.
Here's RunDMC himself....sporting all of his gold!
I am trying to use the iPad to take photos as my trusty camera has decided that 15 years of taking photos was enough.  It is taking me some time to figure out how to upload/download/get quality, etc. so sorry about the fuzziness of this photo of the cutest neon and jewelry wearing girls ever!  

The students wrote about what they will still care about when they are 80 years old, used their senses to write adjectives when they tried a little bit of the candy called PopRocks, explored the digits 8,6,7,5,3,0 and 9 using them in a variety of activities.  It was really totally awesome tubular day!

I appreciated getting all of these ideas from Mrs. VanMeter

No comments:

Post a Comment